Before you travel it is wise to buy a travel insurance policy as when you are on holiday the last thing you want is to spoil your hard earned holiday by a mishap. The cover will protect you and your loved ones against many unforseen perils. You can buy a family, couple or a single person travel policy.
The benefits of a travel insurance policy are
- Medical cover offering you assistance in case of accident, injury or illness and Repatriation Expenses
- UK hospital transfer costs, Return Home Costs and Additional Expenses
- Cancellation / Curtailment Expenses
- Personal Accident
- Personal Baggage (If shown as included on policy certificate)
- Personal Money (If shown as included on policy certificate)
- Loss of Passport
- Personal Liability
- Contingent Liability (Jet Bikes, Jet Skis)
- Delayed Baggage
- Travel Delay
- Missed Departure / cancellation compensation
- Hospitalisation / Unprovoked Assault / Hijack and Kidnap benefit
- Loss of Pet Documentation
- Seat Bumping
- Legal Expenses
- Financial Failure Insurance
An Excess applies to certain sections of cover, please check Key Facts document and/or policy wording for full details.
Pre-existing medical conditions
If you have a pre-existing medical condition or have had a serious illness then you’ll need to follow the instructions found in the Medical Pre-screening declaration which opens in a new window.
The Medical Screening Department can be contacted on 01689 892 246
If you need to do winter sports please select this option and you will be covered for some winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, and off-piste skiing with a qualified instructor. This will also include cover for injury and theft of your equipment.
If you are going to do Hazardous activities like scuba diving, mountain biking and sea kayaking then please refer to the policy documents to check if these can be covered. if in doubt please call us on 0121 628 9494
There are 4 Travel Geographical areas
- UK – includes England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands.
- Europe – encompasses the UK and all European Union countries including Iceland, Ireland, some former Soviet Union countries, islands in the Mediterranean, the Azores, the Canary Islands, Israel, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Madeira, but excluding any cover for Egypt and Turkey.
- Worldwide excluding USA, Canada and the Caribbean – includes UK, Europe, Asia, Australasia and South America, but excludes USA, Canada and the Caribbean countries. Worldwide including USA, Canada and the Caribbean – this covers all destinations worldwide.
- Worldwide including or travelling via the USA, Canada or the Caribbean to another destination, then you need to buy this cover.